The person buried here is Reginald Ernest George Hall, who is recorded at the CWG site as:
Service Number T/179137
Royal Army Service Corps
Son of Edward Ernest Hall, and Dora Emma Hall of Northampton; husband of Lucy E. Hall.
Reginald was the son of the Edward Hall who is commemorated on the Hackleton War Memorial (at the bottom of Piddington Lane). Our local researchers have found census data to show that Edward Hall lived at 9 Hackleton in 1911, with the Chapmans, and was in Okeford in 1901, where he is also remembered on a war memorial.
Reginald was born on 26th September 1915 in Hackleton. He died during WWII, and his grave is in the churchyard (left).
The Mercury and Herald, Northampton, has an article on Reginald's wedding on Friday 3rd November, 1939.
Bride's Stepfather as Best Man
The wedding took place at St. Margaret's Church, Denton, of Mr. Reginald Ernest George Hall, only son of the late Mr. E.E. Hall of Hackleton and Mrs. A. Chambers, Northampton, and Miss Lucy Ethel Hollowell, second daughter of the late Mr. J. Hollowell and Mrs. Hollowell, of Denton. Mr. Hall has been secretary of Hackleton United Football Club for the past five years, and is also secretary to the White Hart darts team.
The vicar (the Rev. H. C. Robinson Eltoft) conducted the ceremony, and Mr. Wilfred Denton, of Yardley Hastings, was at the organ.
Given away by her brother, Mr. Frederick Hollowell, the bride wore an ankle-length dress of white lace and silver thread, with shoes to match and a coronet of orange blossom. She carried a bouquet of white lillies.
Miss Emily Hollowell (sister of the bride) and Miss Lily Mynard were the bridesmaids. Master Geoffrey Higgs (nephew of the bride) was pageboy. Mr. A. Chambers, of Northampton, stepfather of the bridegroom, was best man.
The couple will live at Wantage Cottage, Hackleton.